Please read the following on our re-opening process along with health and safety measures in accordance with guidelines set forth by the CDC and Vermont Department of Health.
Emily Milbank, DPT, PT, will be our primary in-clinic treating therapist while also continuing to treat via telemedicine. Casey Baczewski, DPT, PT, will be treating primarily through telemedicine due to her pregnancy. Henry Mercier, MS, ATC, will be offering both in-clinic and telemedicine appts focusing primarily on concussion management and fitness-related injuries. We will have front desk coverage approx. 3-5 hours a day with calls forwarded to Essex Physical Therapy when we are not in the office. Our admin email (email@example.com) is continuously monitored. This is typically the easiest way to reach us if there is no answer at the phone.
We are spacing appointments out by 15 – 30 minutes to allow for cleaning, disinfecting, and minimizing contact between individuals. We will only have 1 clinician working at a time and 1 front desk person. We ask that patients bring a mask to their appt and wash hands immediately upon entrance. Clinicians will be be masked at all times.
Other Health and Safety Measures:
1. All employees have completed training modules on safe return to work per the Vermont Department of Labor
2. Employees and patients are required to wear masks during appointments, immediately wash hands upon entry, and complete a screening questionnaire.
3. We mandate all employees check their temperatures daily before reporting to work.
4. No other visitors will be allowed into the clinic unless essential to your care.
5. All surfaces touched will be disinfected between patients along with cleaning all high touch surfaces 3x daily at minimum. A cleaning procedure and schedule has been created and is strictly followed.
We will continue to offer telemedicine appointments and evaluations. These are now a permanent offering and have been very successful! The majority of insurances companies reimburse for telemedicine appts. We will verify that your insurance reimburses for telemedicine prior to your appt.
I won’t lie, this has been a challenging time for our staff and business. We rely heavily on word-of-mouth referrals, community connections, and fitness facilities. This pandemic has strained those referral sources. If you know anyone that needs physical therapy, please keep us in mind! Great reasons for an appt are: pain, wanting to stay active, trying to become active, headaches, work place set ups, questions regarding self-care, postpartum, you name it!
We thank you for your support.
Casey, Emily, Henry, and Natalie